Friday, July 30, 2010

Sunday School

Koze,

I took you to Sunday school this last Sunday for the first time ever. We were at City Church and Judah Smith was preaching. Selah held you during the worship service, you had just met her the night before. She and I took you over to your class when the music was done, got you all checked in and then....I left you. It felt so odd to not have you with me during the service and to know that you were with people who I'm sure are amazing but that I just didn't know. It was hard to focus on the message while you were in there - I kept staring at the side of the screen watching for your number to pop up. It never did. As soon as the pastor started wrapping up I ran down to get you. The teacher was holding you when I got there, I think because you were just the cutest thing she'd ever seen, and she told me that you did so great. You only cried twice and only because you saw another baby start to cry. She said you are a very sensitive person. It reminded me of a time a few weeks ago when your friend Simon started to cry and that made you cry also. I love your sweet little heart.

I don't think I'll leave you in sunday school like that again until you're a little older and are able to communicate with words. Maybe when you're two.

i love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment