Friday, July 31, 2009

My Manly Fetus

My mother and I took a trip down to Portland today to have a semi last minute prenatal appointment at Alma just to follow up on the ER visit. I was hoping but not expecting to squeeze in an ultrasound while we were down there and luckily Laura, my wonderful midwife, was able to get me an appointment for today at 2:45pm. She warned me though that there was a good chance I wouldn't be able to find out the gender since its still a bit early.

So after a bite at burgerville and a walk on Hawthorne we headed over to Epic Imaging for the U.S. AFter I insisted on being shown that all the limbs, fingers and toes were accounted for the tech said he could in fact tell us the gender of the baby....A little boy! And he seems to be quite well endowed for his age. Actually as a whole he was larger than anyone expected. At about 5 inches in length he looked more like a 17 or 18 week babe rather than 16 weeks. The tech said everything looked perfect and that he was very photogenic. He gave us a ton of great pictures. At one point he had his little hand up next to his head and it looked so much like he was waving to us. I'm so proud of him already.

Won't be able to get those pictures scanned until Monday but will have them up here as soon as I can.

The experience made me feel so much more bonded with my baby and I think brought a deeper realization that he's mine and how much he means to me. I'm officially in love.

1 comment: