Tuesday, July 28, 2009

ER visit

After experiencing dull cramps since Saturday and at the recommendation of my midwife, Laura, I went to the ER yesterday afternoon. Besides it taking FOREVER, it was pretty uneventful. Dr Montana, the Dr on duty, didn't think I needed an ultrasound and while I definitely disagreed and thought that I DESERVED to see my baby and make sure with my own eyes that everything was okay we ended up just doing a doppler monitor and did find a nice strong heart beat that way. The rate was 158 per minute...tucked safely within the "safe range" of 130 to 180. The other things that we were able to ascertain were that my cervix is closed which means those cramps are not a result of preterm labor, (that was the primary concern) and also, this is kind of gross but there were ketones in my urine which means that I'm not getting enough calories. I need to eat more. I still haven't gone above my pre-pregnancy weight and am in fact still 2 or 3 lbs under it. Boring but details that I want to remember for down the road.

1 comment: