Friday, October 23, 2009

Thoughts on Exercise, Weight Gain and Diet

So my pre-pregnancy weight was approx 134lbs and I am now at 148lbs. So have gained 14lbs so far. Not bad I suppose. My goal is 25lbs. I have been doing yoga and a LOT of walking (sometimes while carrying heavy bags) which I'm sure has and will continue to help. It is very important to me to be as healthy as I can be during this time not only for my baby's sake but also out of respect for myself and my body. However I do allow myself some indulgences: the chocolate/orange scones from Stumptown and chocolate filled croissants - both extremely delicious. For some reason foods like eggs and meats have sounded SO GROSS at times its hard to stomach. I read in the book Birthing from Within to imagine that I am feeding those foods directly to my baby and that has actually really helped me to get some healthier foods down. And I think about his little muscles growing as he's kicking away and his brain cells developing...those thoughts are very motivating as well.

Sometimes I have dreams that I'm holding his tiny little body in my arms...I always wake up with such an intense feeling of excitement. I feel like there is still so much more to do in order to prepare for his arrival but if it wasn't for all of that I would be growing impatient I think for him to get here. My goal is to have everything in place by Christmas so I can just enjoy the Holidays and really savor the last few days of my pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment